17 Ways to Say Thank You
Saying please and thank you were such an important aspect growing up. For everything we do, our parents taught us that we must ask with a ‘please’, and then follow up with a ‘thank you’ once we have received what we asked for.
Whether it’s a parent, a spouse, a teacher, a co-worker, or just someone you want to thank, here are 17 ideas that you can appreciate others and say “Thank you”:
BY CLICKING THE LINKS AND MAKING A PURCHASE, I MIGHT BE EARNING A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE FOR MORE DETAILS.
- Give them a Thank You card (Affiliate Link)
- Buy them a cup of coffee or tea (depending on what they prefer)
- Get a gift card for them
- Chocolates (this is the safest way unless you know they are diabetic)
- Take them out to lunch
- Send them an email telling them how you appreciate them.
- Bake them your special pastry (if you’re good at baking)
- Remember their birthday, get them something special, and mention how you appreciate what they did.
- Order flowers to be delivered to them
- Go up to them and thank them in person
- Write a Thank You note with a cookie (or snack of your choice) and put in their workstation or lunch box or wherever they can find the surprise the following day.
- Dedicate a day to doing what they want to do (I think this applies to a friend or family member, not sure about colleagues).
- Give them a hug or a pat on their back
- Make a donation in their name
- Write a positive, detailed review online or filling in a survey (if you are thanking the best customer service you’ve ever received – be sure to mention the person’s name)
- Take care of the kids (and let your spouse do whatever they want for a period of time). Your spouse can have their own “Me-Time”.
- Go out of your way to do them a favour in return.
I would like to thank all of you for reading this post and my blog. Also, if you do purchase from an affiliate link, I thank you as well for that.