My 1st year DIY Anniversary gift for Husband
The first year after being married is such an exciting one. It’s when you spend a year together after planning the wedding and getting to know each other at a deeper level.
The first year is the paper anniversary.
You can get really creative with this as I will share more in the post below.
BY CLICKING THE LINKS AND MAKING A PURCHASE, I MIGHT BE EARNING A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE FOR MORE DETAILS.
It’s important to know your spouse’s love language so that you can give them the best gift.
To learn more about your or your significant other’s love language, I recommend that you check out this book “The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts“. (Affiliate Link)
A few ideas that I found were:
- A book (that you can personalize to tell him how much you love him, example: # of reasons why I love you.).
- A picture book of your first year together
- A frame with your picture in the middle surrounded by your vow, that you said on your wedding day to each other, or just a letter of how much you love him.
One idea that stood out to me was the map that someone created putting where they met and where they got married.
I thought that it was the sweetest thing.
Here is what you need:
- Internet for Google Maps
- Microsoft Word (or some word processor)
- Microsoft Paint
- Colour Printer
- Miscellaneous (Card or Frame, it’s up to you)
Here was what I did (sorry, didn’t take any pictures as it was 2 years ago):
- Screenshot the places where we met, where he proposed, and where we got married
- Save the screenshot as pictures.
- Open Word and insert the pictures.
- Use the heart shape design and estimate how big I want each heart to be.
- Make sure that the heart is transparent on the inside, but you can see the outline.
- Print and cut out the hearts
- I glued the hearts on my card. You can put it in a frame and label them.
It’s very simple, yet meaningful.
If you want someone else to do it for you, Etsy is a great place to check out.
You can let them know the locations, how you would like to label them, and also when you would like to have your finished product delivered.
Please tag me on Instagram @makingdayscount if you do make it or have it done for you. I would love to see it.
I wanted to create something that was simple and sweet for this anniversary gift.
What do you think of this paper anniversary gift? Would you recreate it?
- 2nd year Anniversary Gifts for Husband under $100
- 4th Year Anniversary Gifts: Gifts for Him
- 7 Gifts for Him under $50
Thank you for reading my post on “My 1st year DIY Anniversary gift for Husband”. If you like what you read, please feel free to pin the image below and share it with others. Also, check out the other posts for more ideas.