I can’t believe that my daughter is 16 months old. She was a tiny baby where we could just put her on her stomach and she’ll be fine. Now, she’s walking around non stop and is so curious about the world around her. There are certain toys that my 16 month old toddler gravitates to and loves.
Last year, I wrote a post on toys my daughter loved to play with as a 9 month old. Some are the same, and others are wildly different.
Pin this for later!
Here is the list of toys my 16 month old toddler loves:
BY CLICKING THE LINKS AND MAKING A PURCHASE, I MIGHT BE EARNING A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE FOR MORE DETAILS.
Baby K pays special attentions to balls. She loves to pick them up and throw them away, point them out when we go to the mall, and is slowly learning to kick them (I think she’s just trying to get to them but accidentally kicks them away sometimes).
Here are the balls that we have in our house:
- Bouncing Balls – She loves to pick up these balls and throw them to me. We usually would play a game where I throw the ball into the basket and she’ll remove it and try to throw it back to me.
- Inflatable Beach Ball (it was a gift, but you can get a similar one online here) – We received this while travelling to Asia and it was so much fun. I could deflate it and then inflate it again when we get to our next hotel room. It’s light and she enjoys playing with it.
- Rubber Soccer Ball (From the Dollar store, but if you want to get it online, here is an option) – This is a really small ball and since it is made out of rubber, it can bounce really high. It is pretty fun for her to watch and also attempt to bounce it hard on the ground.
2. Musical Instruments
She is at that stage where she will dance when she enjoys the music being played. It is really funny to watch. It’s more like a bounce up and down by bending her knees. Baby K has also shown interest in playing with musical instruments.
Here are the instruments we have at home:
- 2-in-1 Xylophone and Piano – We bought this for her and it would entertain her for a while. She would either bang on the keys or use the sticks to hit the xylophone. Do be prepared for the noisiness that come with these instruments, but at least she has fun.
- Frozen II Music Set – She likes to hit the tambourine and pretend to sing along with the ones that I play on our Google Home.
3. Plush Toys
Baby K is starting to show interest in stuffed toys. Your 16 month old toddler may show interest earlier, but for my daughter, she didn’t care too much until recently.
Here are the ones that we have:
- Hello Kitty Plush – We got this for Christmas and she gets so excited whenever she sees it. I think her favorite color is red so she is drawn to this toy. Baby K would give this Hello Kitty plushie a hug when it catches her attention.
- Hedgehog Plush (similar one here) – Recently, I unbox this plush and she likes to take it around occasionally if she’s not busy with the other toys. We leave this in her playpen so that she’ll have that plush to play with when I put her in there while I cook dinner.
- Eeyore Plush (similar one here) – I had a similar Eeyore and Pooh plushie that was in a bag. She’s really into taking everything out of bags and boxes. So, she found these plushies and holds them. It’s so cute to watch.
4. Light Up and Musical Toys
As mentioned in my Toys My 9 month old baby love post, she still loves the toys that light up and have music.
Here are her favorites:
- Learners Activity Cube – Similarly to my 9 month old post, she still enjoys playing with this cube. Occasionally, she’ll use it as a stool LOL. I’m so glad we got this cube for her. Maybe it’s time to change the batteries.
- Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket – We got this as a gift for her birthday. It sings and teaches the babies about shapes. Baby K and I would pretend to eat the food and drink from the cup. She likes to push the food down the different slots, with my help of course.
- Ring and Learn Cash Register – She received this as a Christmas gift and she really likes the basket. Baby K would remove all the food from the basket but keep on holding to the basket. Hopefully, she’ll understand that we need to carry the food in the basket and not just flung everywhere.
- Cutie Paws Puppy Stroller – Baby K got this as a gift for Christmas too. She’s so loved. She likes to push the puppy stroller around but without the puppy. Also, the buttons and music on the side of the stroller is fun for her to push and enjoy.
5. Cleaning Supplies
Since last month, Baby K wanted to take our Swiffer and start cleaning the place. I’m not sure if she knows what she is doing, but she sometimes fights us for it. Also, she wants to hold onto the vacuum when I vacuum the floor. I’m not sure if your kid is interested in cleaning your house for you (and then start to make a mess right after).
Here are some toy suggestions for the 16 month old toddler who love to clean like mine (I hope this continues until she becomes a teenager. I can hope!):
- Let’s Play House! Pretend Play Set – Instead of using the adult brooms and sweeper, the little ones can do their part with this kid sized version. Melissa and Doug usually have pretty good quality toys.
- Pretend Play Cleaning Set – Another play set by Melissa and Doug, this would be fun for your kids to clean the windows if they are interested. If it is done well, it’s one less thing for you to clean.
- Kids Cleaning Set 12 Piece – This is another option to teach and encourage them to clean after themselves. Hopefully, it’ll stick with them and things won’t seem too much of a chore.
Special Mention: Books (Yes, not toys but she enjoys them)
Here are the books that she is currently ‘reading’:
- The Very Cranky Bear – She loves when I use different voices to represent the different animals in the book. It is a book full of rhymes and a pretty fun book to read to her. This is a great book to teach her the different sounds that the animals make.
- Love You Forever – She loves to flip the pages to see the baby grow up. Also, there is a repetitive section throughout the book which is great for memorization. Robert Munsch is such a great writer, so I’m glad that she enjoys this book.
- Dr. Suess’s ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book – When I read the words to her, I can see that she gets excited by the rhythm and rhyme of this book. It’s such a fun read and the pictures are also great to look at. It introduces not only the alphabets but also gives examples of words that start with each alphabet.
Related: Toys My 9 month old baby love
Thanks for reading my post on Toys My 16 month old toddler loves. If you like what you read, please pin the image below and share it with others. Thanks!